Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Soon it Ends

I'll be leaving for school tomorrow and I'm so totally mixed up about it. While it's exciting to be headed back to Nac, and to see all my friends again, I'm definitely gonna miss home. It's hard being away from everybody, especially my mom. But at the same time, it'll be nice to be away from her for a little bit.

I had lunch with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece today. When we said our goodbyes I almost cried. Home is where my family is, and while I have a new family in Nac and a lot of friends, these are the most important people in my life. Split between my family, my friends, and my boyfriend, I wish I could us all on an island and pretend it's normal. I'm excited for dorm life, sorority, and school, I swear... but nothing beats sitting at home with my mom and Jon.

Speaking of, boyfriend and I have been on crazy terms recently. We've fought a lot. He started classes on Monday, and is working his new job. It's like I never talk to him anymore. It's been really hard trying to stay positive when I miss him so much and am feeling abandoned. He's decided I'm gonna drive out to him during labor day weekend. He said he'd pay for my gas so I couldn't help but agree. But god, I miss him so much. I cry almost every day because it's so hard being away from him. Every chance I get to see him I'm going to take. I can't wait for summer to come back around.

Hopefully getting a job in Nac won't take too long. I'm gonna apply to any and every place, especially places where I already have friends. I have to have a job this semester with mom and I having car payments and insurance. It's going to be hard and I have to put off theatre again, but I know I could use the job force experience.

When it comes to school, I'm most excited for my English class. While the topic isn't the best, I heard my teacher absolutely loves what he teaches, and he's amazing. That's really important to me when it comes to teachers. If they don't love what they do, or aren't visibly enjoying what they're teaching, I hate the class. I want someone to teach me who likes what they're doing, and better yet, adores it beyond anything. I guess I like that so much, because that's the kind of teacher I want to be. Nothing inspires students more, than the teachers who love what they're doing.

Y'all stay fresh y'all.
Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment