Thursday, January 05, 2017

New Year's Resolutions

Everyone does New Year Resolutions. I feel like it's just built into our psyche to choose something to strive for in the coming months of our new year. For myself, I have chosen a few things I'd like to accomplish/improve on.

1. Be happy.
2. Finish writing ONE book.
3. Improve photography skills.
4. Learn how to edit a video.
5. Seek professional help for my mental problems.
6. Publish one blog post a week.

Okay when I first started writing, there were only going to be three, but then I thought of more things I needed to do and work on for myself.

Now let's discuss why I've chosen each "resolution."

1. I need to be happy. I've spent so long being worried, stressed, and tormenting myself with my pessimistic thoughts. However I can only accomplish happiness, if I choose happiness. I honestly believe I am the only thing holding me back. Now, I do have quite a load of stuff that weighs on me and keeps me terrified of tomorrow. But, I can choose to look at these struggles as a challenge that propels me toward a brighter future. Paying bills on time makes me financially responsible. Going to school improves my mind. Being worried about money teaches me how to budget. All these struggles and problems in life are just lessons. I spend so much time being so scared of what could happen if I screw up, I've constantly got my eyes on the ground looking for the next hole I'm falling into. My goal is to be happy, to look forward to tomorrow, and to remember that though there are pretty crappy things I'm going through, I can make it.

2. Okay, to be quite honest, this is a little ambitious for me. I have only finished one book ever. It was approximately 30 pages long on the computer, and it was AWFUL. But I am going to try so hard to make this resolution actually come true. I have three stories I am even kind of working on, so one of those is what I'm hoping to finish. Oh! Speaking of, you can totally read the first couple parts of one of those stories on my Wattpad: Summer by the Sea. Please don't judge it by the summary. I'm so bad at those, but I tried! Anyway, that story, and two other ones I have are the stories I'm currently working at, and I really hope one of them will be finished by December 31st.

3. So, due to some financial problems, I likely will not be taking my photography class this semester. I'd rather not go into it, so I'll just say how I'm going to work on it myself. The biggest goal for photography is to intern this summer. There are two really great photographers based out of Austin that I would like to work with. Unfortunately, my only portfolio is pictures I've taken and edited on my phone, I have no recommendations. But I'm hoping they'll be impressed enough with what I can do on my own one of them will hire me to the cause. I say "hire," but I don't care if they pay me. I'll be transferring for the summer with my current job, so I won't need money from them, just the experience and knowledge they can provide. I'd also like to get a nice editing software for photos so I can work on my editing skills, and add that to my resume.

4. This is pretty personal. I'd love to be able to start up my YouTube channel this year, but I need to learn how to edit videos. First and foremost. I won't let myself do YouTube unless I have some basic understanding of how to make a video interesting.

5. You guys know my problems. Those are what I'm seeking help for.

6. This one is simple. I'm awful at blogging. But writing is a passion. And the best way to improve my writing, is to - wow - WRITE. The blog means a lot to me, it's helped me vent a lot, about a bunch of stuff. So I need to repay it by writing on the freaking thing.

Alright, well those are my New Year's Resolutions. I realize that this is a few days late, however, in my defense, I started it on the 1st. But then I got bored and gave up.

That's going to be it for now. I'd love to hear what resolutions you guys have for this year! Comments is always open and hungry.

Stay fresh till next week. Buh-bye!
Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment