Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Weekend Over

So we just had a long weekend cause of Labor Day. A lot of kids went home. Why? There's seriously no point. You've been gone for a week, calm down. My entire weekend consisted of Chey, her fiance, and me watching movies and eating pizza. On Saturday the order got messed up somehow, so we got a $20 pizza for free. Last night, we painted our nails and watched the first Indiana Jones movies. I'd say that's a pretty successful weekend.

Besides being hermits, during the day on Saturday, I drove into Lufkin. Lufkin is the closest city to Nacogdoches, being only 30 minutes away. I was looking forward to a mall or at least a Barnes&Noble. The "mall" was a strip that had a small Sears, a Belks, and I think an Old Navy. But no B&N. My salvation was a small Starbucks.

I got lunch at Schlotzsky's, where I had a ham and cheese sandwich. It was $8.25 of delicious not-worth-it. I stayed there for about an hour, eating and reading. Then I made my way to the Starbucks where I slurped on a venti passion fruit tea lemonade. Soooo good. It's my relax and calm drink. The hot passion fruit tea is also my calming drink.

I haven't had hot tea in so long. I just bought myself a hot chocolate and I've had plenty of coffee, but there's nothing like a hot mug of tea. If Jon were here, he woulda made me some hot tea. I gotta find someone on campus willing to make and drink hot tea with me. We'll wear sweaters and read books and sip our tea while rocking in our chairs. Sounds like Heaven.

Anyway, my weekend was pretty good. What about y'all? Feel free to leave comments and tell me what you got up to during the long union weekend.

Remember always to put on deodorant, cause ya always gotta stay fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment